Tuesday, October 20, 2009

How Does it Measure Up?

So this is what I was working on last night - A growth chart for my kiddos.
I just need to add a few more hash marks to designate the inches and give this baby a quick sand - just to give it a little character.

So here is my "inspiration"Now I just might have bought this very cool ruler from Pottery Barn Kids, except it has a fairly large price tag at $99.00 and it only measures up to 6 feet (I wanted one that was at least 6'5"). So I thought "self, you can make this much cheaper". And by golly, I think I am on my way. Stay tuned ~

11 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That looks great so far, Chelsea! I can't wait to see it finished. I'm sure doing the little lines in between will take the most time.

Lynette said...

I think it is too cute!! And, in the next years when you start using it and watching the kiddos grow up you'll really appreciate it - and when they ARE all grown up and moved out - you'll love it!!

Great job!

Laura Bray said...

I'm loving your blog! Guess who won one of my poison apples? You better hop over to my blog today! http://katydiddys.blogspot.com/2009/10/poison-apples.html

Annette said...

That looks great! This is so much better than carving into the door like I did as a kid. Great job!

EMBELLISH said...

You did a fabulous job. I like yours much better than the Pottery Barn one. I just did this on the inside of my hall closet last week.

Stephanie said...

Very neat! I'll have to remember this when I have kiddos.
I like yours better than the Pottery Barn one.

Tammy @ tinselshop.com said...

Great idea, I like yours even better. Can't wait to see it finished.

Best wishes,
Tammy

p.s. The candelabra you saw on my blog was from Marshalls but I have also recently seen it at HomeGoods and my mom saw a similar at Hobby Lobby. It is so much fun to play with!

Sharon@Sharon at Home said...

What a great idea ... can't wait to see the finished product ...

###### said...

what a great idea. my son always wants to see if he is getting taller than me.

The Tuscan Home said...

Fantastic idea and it looks great too! ~Liz

Anonymous said...

Great! I love that idea...you move..it grows with ya. get it grows?..goes...ok, Im done making a fool out of myself ha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails