Thursday, March 31, 2011

Nigella Lawson Beef & Bean Pasta ~

Recipe | Weeknight Inspiration


Have I told you how much I adore Nigella Lawson? I absolutely love her cooking series - Nigella Feasts and Nigella Express - and her books are fabulous. Her shows are described as delectable and they truly are - I love her passion for cooking and her smooth, painless recipes. 

So, with as much as I enjoy Nigella, I simply had to download her iphone app! Tonight I tried my first recipe directly from my app and I am still very much in love.

One-Pan Beef and Beans with Pasta

Ingredients
1 Onion, Peeled
1 Clove Garlic, Peeled
1 Carrot, Peeled
1 Stalk Celery
1-2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/2 Pound Ground Beef
1 15oz Can Borlotti Beans, Drained (I used Cannelloni beans)
1 Quart Beef Stock
1 14oz Can Chopped Tomatoes
2 Tablespoons Red Wine (yes, yes, yes!) 

 Directions
Finely chop onion, garlic, carrot and garlic in food processor. Cook vegetable mixture in the oil in a saucepan for 5 minutes (do not brown). Then add the beef until browned. Add the drained beans, beef stock, can of chopped tomatoes and red wine - add liquid slowly. Bring to a boil with lid on, add the macaroni and cook uncovered, for 12 minutes or more if the pasta and/or meat need it. Taste for salt and pepper, and grate some Parmesan.  

 This is a great, quick, comforting meat sauce that is simply yummy! A family favorite for sure! Now I am a huge fan of beans - I love all beans - but my hubby is not as fond, and has requested next time I hold on the beans. I think even without the beans, it will be a huge hit.



2 comments:

Krista said...

Thanks so much for this. I need to go to the grocery store so bad...but I didn't make it today! I had everything for this...so I am making it for my family right now! You saved our night.

MATINA said...


I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails